Monday, October 21, 2013

GWAPE Project

The picture that I chose was of me at homecoming. I believe that in the future I want to be who I am now. It is good to be ok with who you are and not wanting to change in order to fit in, and change to be apart of a certain clique or group. That is why I chose a picture that I had taken prior to this assignment. It shows you that I am happy and content with who I am and don't need to change as years go by, but mature as I get older. 

I will transform to this picture by, becoming more mature, by learning to take in everything that is happening around you. However, you do not want what is happening to change who you are and how you act around others. I would also like to to see myself show more of who I am on the inside externally. I would achieve this by voicing my opinion on certain topics and showing that I am more than meets they eye. "As I brushed past her she said in a low, eager voice, "You could give them to me." Her greedy eyes were laughing
    I reached over and slapped her" (Chevalier 232). This quote shows that as she matured she still stood up for herself just as she did in the beginning of the book with Cornelia.  

"My son made me turn inward to my family, as I had done when I was child, before I became a maid"(Chevalier 223). This quote shows that Greit let go of the past and simply focused on the present, which is very mature of her to do. would also transform to this picture by,  gaining knowledge in order to be more mature. This would be made possible, by listening to others more, and seeing more than just my side of the story. I would like to transform this aspect of myself because, I believe that it is important to listen twice as much as you speak. However, I like to speak more than to listen, which will change as I mature. 

4 comments:

  1. I really like your picture that you took. Also I agree totally with you that no one should have to change themselves to fit in to a group because they should be happy with who they are and they need to accept that everyone including them, their selves, are different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa:
    Your picture is so adorable! I think it really symbolizes you and the great person that you are. When you say that you want to be who you are right now as a senior in high school, I completely agree. A person should not feel obligated to change just so they can "fit in" to a group. I enjoy the fact that, like me, you used a picture taken prior to the assignment to show that you are happy with who you are currently. Although you don't want to change, you also want to mature, as you should. Stay the person that you are, and you will go far in life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you I mean why change who you are if you're happy with yourself? Besides trying to fit in is not right it's great to be yourself no matter who you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I can agree with desiring to voice my opinions more often. I'm too accustomed to being the quiet, shy girl and simply because I don't communicate my thoughts doesn't mean I don't have any. I relate to wanting to mature and learn more through hearing other sides of the story, too.

      Delete